Monday, April 11, 2011

Stairs and Sand Burpees

One more week before the Big Rock Tri, and I was able to fit in a great beach workout. One of my training partners knows a hidden set of steep stairs that drops from PCH down to the sand just north of Dana Point.


The workout was 5 rounds of the following: Up the stairs, down the stairs, 400m jog in the sand, 20m bear crawl in the sand, and 20m burpee broad jumps in the sand. The first round took 8 minutes, and the last round took close to 10 minutes - total time was 50 min.

The stairs were a blast, definately more cardio than strength for the first few rounds, and then more strength than cardio the last 2 rounds. This was the first time I had ever done burpee broad jumps in the sand, much different (and harder) than on a hard surface!! Overall it was a great workout, and beautiful day to enjoy the ocean.



And now that April has arrived, its officially baseball season. Living in SoCal I have pretty much been a Dodger fan most of my life, however I rarely get to see the games in person. This year my daughter and I decided to attend opening weekend, and had a great time. Nothing better than a Dodger - Giants game to start off the baseball season ....





No comments:

Post a Comment