Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Big Rock Tri

The second triathlon of the year was the Big Rock Tri in Lake Perris. The race started with a beautiful morning, a great swim, strong bike, and fizzeled with a "bonk" on the run. Soooo close to a PR, however my nutrition - or lack of - made for a personal worst on the run.

During the bike, my primary focus was calories and unfortunately I neglected the hydration. Once I started the run it was too late, and I couldn't recover my liquids. This made for a loooong, slooooow, and painful 10k. My final run time was 8 minutes slower tham my previous personal worst..... ouch. Fortunately I recorded my best time ever for a 1.5k swim, and I was also very happy with my bike time (for a back of the pack biker).

April is the month I officially start my IM Arizona training, so no more tri's for the next few months. My next event is the Laguna Hills Half Marathon on Memorial Day. This was the first half marathon I ran back in 2009, and I am really working to take some significant minutes off my time!






No comments:

Post a Comment