Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Last Run

I went for my last run of the year Friday Dec 31, and used it as a time to reflect and give thanks over the past 12 months. I was grateful to have sunshine and blue sky; since this has been a long, cold wet month here in So Cal.


There were many things to be grateful for as 2010 came to a close. As I let my mind wander during the run, here are a few things that came to mind:
- My IPod, exercise and music are pretty dang good to flush the brain
- My job, which helps me support my exercise addiction
- Coffee, the natural eye opener
- Foam Rollers, because I can't afford regular massages (or any messages.........)
- Blogs, it's nice to read about other ordinary people doing the same thing
- Triathlon Transition Areas, where I have met the nicest and most positive people I know
- Free Tech Shirts at races, great workout appareal
- Wetsuits, the added bouyancy has greatly helped my confidence in the swim
- Porta Potties with hand sanitizer
- Races that you can pick up your race packet the moring of the race
- My Mountain Bike, nice to ride on trails rather than asphalt a few times a month
- Grocery Stores that let you grind your own Almond Butter
- Self Serve Frozen Yogurt
- Curtious drivers during bike rides
- And I am grateful for my health, being able to race and enjoy exercise at 40+ is an amazing experince.  Hope it continues for 40 more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment