Thursday, December 23, 2010

285.1

That’s the number of combined race miles of swimming, biking, and running this year, or in the metric language the total is 457.8 km. 4.8 miles of swimming, 200 miles of biking, and 80.3 miles of running. That kind of equals 4 one mile open water swims, 2 century bike rides, 3 marathons, and one 5k.

There were a few firsts for me this past year.
-          First Olympic Distance Tri
-          First time I paced under 10:00 min/mile in a half marathon
-          First mud run
-          First triathlon in the rain
-          First Half Iron Distance Tri


Now that 2010 is done, I’ve started planning for 2011, and there are a few firsts already in the plan. So here is my list of wants for 2011 (I’m not really a “goal” person, and not even close to a “need” person)

-          Complete a marathon (registered for Carlsbad in Jan)
-          Volunteer for a triathlon (hopefully Oceanside 70.3)
-          Experience Wildflower
-          Complete a Mountain Bike ride at night – with a full moon.
-          Finish a half marathon under 2 hrs
-          Complete a full Ironman (registered for AZ in November)

This being my second full year of triathlons completed, I am still very grateful to have “found” the healthy lifestyle of triathlons. Before 2009, I was overweight and out of shape – not only physically, but mentally as well. Triathlons have been a huge influence in my life, and will always be. I compare it to your first love; she’s always there in the back of your mind, no matter where you’re at. I’m not the fastest triathlete, nor the fittest triathlete, nor the strongest triathlete, however I do enjoy and appreciate this sport just as much as a seasoned pro.

2009 Year 1 – 213.2 miles
2010 Year 2 – 285.1 miles

Not sure what the total number of miles is gonna be for 2011, although in the end it really doesn’t matter. What I do know is that it’s gonna be fun, and I’m gonna find someplace inside me that I haven’t found before…..

No comments:

Post a Comment